Friday, October 17, 2008

Meet our new Company Manager!

Pasadena Playhouse is excited to introduce new Company Manager Courtney A. Harper!


"My name is Courtney Harper and I am originally from Orange County. I graduated this past June from University of California, at Irvine with a B.A. in Drama and honors in Directing.

I am currently the Managing Director of the professional clown troupe Clownzilla and can be seen in the Holiday Show at UC Irvine this December as Bertha the maid.

I love my family and my dogs. My sister Emily is my hero and the strongest person I know.

I have been involved in and with numerus productions throughout southern California. My favorite roles have been Nell Gwynn in Playhouse Creatures, Rosie Probert in Under Milk Wood, Audrey in Little Shop of Horrors, Phyrnia in Timor of Athens, Baker's Wife in Into the Woods, and Jet Girl number four from the right in my first ever show West Side Story.

I love reading, food, fashion, colors, cooking, thai food, cheesy TV shows, and sushi.

Directing credits include Joe Calarco's Shakespeare's R&J and Casey Kurti's Catholic School Girls.

Politics and religion are topics that I find very interesting.

Assistant Directing credits include Rabbit Hole directed by Dr. Robert Cohen, Richard III,
Picasso at the Lapin Agile, and Measure for Measure directed by Phil Thompson. I also worked as Production Assistant and Personal assistant to Dr. Robert Cohen on his production of Kiss Me, Kate.

When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a professional tennis player.

If I could have lunch with anyone dead or alive, it would be my Great Aunt Philomene.

My dream in the future is to be successful and happy.

I feel like the Pasadena Playhouse is the right place for me as an artist and an individual. I look forward to making new friends and building some great relationships up here in Pasadena."


Thanks to Courtney for sharing about herself!

www.pasadenaplayhouse.org

1 comment:

Cafe Observer said...

Welcome Courtney to Pasadena. If u can make it here, u can make it anywhere!

The Clownzilla sounds fascinating.
What exactly is a company mgr?

A very interesting bio u have. However, I didn't see any mention if you're a dog lover!?
You're family should be very proud of you.